Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Is Iran Really a Grave Threat?

I was reading Joel Rosenberg's blog http://joelrosenberg.blogspot.com/2008/03/centcom-commander-and-outspoken-critic.html

and he said some things I agree with, including the fact that Fallon shouldn't have been really talking to the media, and what I think which is that war with Iran is unlikely now. Merely because logistically, it's not possible.

And quite frankly once again, I don't get how Iran is this threat to us. I'm not saying I like Iran, because I don't. But miltarily, they will never be a real threat to us, nor are they militarily a threat to Israel. If Iran were to unleash a nuclear weapon on Israel or the United States, the would be obliterated as as nation. The Iranians are many things, but they are not as a people, suicidal. I just wish people would use some common sense. Mutally assured Destruction still exists and it's an effective guarantee.

I also am tired of hearing about how the Russians are arming them. Of course the Russians are arming the Iranians, they are doing it as blowback for us insisting on the missle defense on their borders, and for the expansion of NATO in Eastern Europe. If we insist on attacking Iran, I'm willing to bet that you will be able to expect more blowback from Muslims, as well as the Russians and the Chinese long term wise.

No comments: