Tuesday, March 11, 2008

American Idol: Top Twelve

My Review of Tonight's Idol from Worst to Best

12. Kristi Lee Cook- I'm sorry that was terrible. I felt the arrangment didn't go with what she was singing.

11. David Archuleta- That was terrible. At least Kristi knew the words to her song. And honestly while he seems like a nice kid, I didn't think he really needed to criticize the Beatles music... Plus, honestly the only song I really liked him singing was Imagine, which was amazing and did make me cry. However, other than that I'm just not really thrilled with the breathiness in his voice. However, I think he is capable of much better. I'd still keep him around and kick of Kristi.

10. David Hernandez. I think David has the best voice of all the men, but that was really a terrible performance.

9. Syesha Mercado- I felt she was off key at places and honestly at this stage of the game, you should be able to stay in key.

8. Michael Johns-I didn't care for it. It was boring, and it sounded off key. Although I will give him the fact that I've never heard the song before. So maybe it's just the tune of the song that I don't like.

7. Amanda Overmyer- I thought she screamed most of the song. And I get the whole rock concept, but I felt like that wasn't good rock.

6. David Cook-I felt the first part of the song was terrible. He was clearly struggling to find his pitch. However, the last part of the song was awesome. I think he's the difference between good and bad rock. (Amanda see)

5. Ramiele Malubay-I think Ramiele has a lovely voice, and she was in tune (at least in my opinion) the entire time. She also knew the words of her song. However, I think the judges were right it was boring. I feel like it had no conviction whatsover. In contrast, I think you can look at someone like Brooke White, who doesn't have Ramiele's range, but has conviction and feeling to her singing. I think Ramiele has to let it go and just sing from her heart. And if she doesn't soon, my vote will have to go to someone else. A part of me wonders if this is just an age thing because Ramiele is very young.

BIG GAP
4. Carly-I thought that was a great performance. She really does have a wonderful voice

3. Chikezie-that was awesome. He did a really great job, and he took on a style that was completely different from his own.

2. Jason Castro- I don't know why they didn't like this performance so much. I actually preferred it to last week. Yes, Hallejuah is an amazing song but I wasn't impressed with his voice. However, today I loved his voice, I thought it was really good and I liked how he sang the song.

1. Brooke White. Honestly before tonight I wasn't a huge fan. I think vocally others here have bigger/better voices. However, what I love about Brooke is the feeling that she puts into her music. It was lovely, and I felt connected to her as she sang. I wonder if she also writes her own music, because I suspect that I would enjoy songs she wrote. I think she showed the difference tonight between a reall good technician (Ramiele) and an artist. I loved it.

No comments: