Thursday, March 13, 2008

Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright: God Damn America: Prophet or racist?



Abc News broke a report on some of Pastor Jeremiah Wright's sermons, and quite clearly this guy said some extremely troubling things. Obama in this clip coompared Wright to an Uncle you keep in the closet. And I'm going to call Obama on it

Bull Crap.

Who goes to a church where the pastor continously says things that you find upsetting and offensive? Before I becamse a Catholic, I attended a Protestant Church where the Pastor decided to start insulting Catholics. Since I had Catholic family members, it got to the point where I could no longer attend. I realize Obama is close with this guy, but I'm sorry if he founds those comments troubling, he wouldn't be attending.

Here's the thing, I don't think everything Pastor Wright says in crap. And I also don't think a good Christian pastor/priest should be all "God Bless America" no matter what. We are precious in God's eyes, we are number one.

Nope, in the Hebrew Scriptures there were tons of Prophets, who spoke out against the government, the Kings, and the Israelis/Judeans for their corrupt society. Many of theses prophets were persecuted because instead of peace, they preached judgement. However, God wanted them to preach judgement.

Here's my feeling. I don't think God really cares about America. I don't think he cares about any temporal country because you see those things are a temporary thing. God cares about eternal things and He cares about people.

I think Pastor Wright is correct, America has done some terrible thing and continues to do terrible things. We need to ask ourselves some questions. About abortion, about our wars, about our foreign policy that supports cruel dictatorships like Saudia Arabia in the Middle East. About our poor, and yes about our relationship...

But here's the thing, I still have a problem with Pastor Wright. I could be wrong, but it seems like he's just going on and on about the sins of White America. In fact, I wonder if his church even reaches out to other races.

So here's the thing, if he's just preaching about "White America"...White America is evil. Than guess what, there is nothing brave about what he's saying at all. It's fun, really fun to critcize others and pick apart the terrible things others are doing. But why not call out yourselves. And here's another thing, why not say something like Pray for America. Because no, I don't think God wants to damn Americans.

The truth is America isn't any better or worse than any other country in this world. And I resent the idea that whites are somehow more evil than other races. Please don't get me wrong Whites have done some terrible things, and we have recently done more terrible things because we have had the most power. However, Africans in Africa have managed to do quite a bit of bad things to each other, without the help of the white man.

Sad thing is give any group power, and you will find them abusing other groups. That's what history has shown.
Well that's just me.

No comments: