Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Are We Closer to War with Iran?

Yesterday Admiral Fallon, a long spoken critic of the US administration policy on Iran, resigned from his post. Fallon had recently given an interview with Esquire magazine which come across as critical of the Bush administration. So this may just be fall out from the article. Here's the article http://www.esquire.com/features/fox-fallon

However, others are suggesting that this is part of a deeper trend towards war with Iran. Today the White House stated that they do not want war with Iran. However, we all remember in the lead up to Iraq. So who knows.

Personally, I truly hope that we don't go to war with Iran. Quite frankly, even if I ran gets nuclear weapons, who says that they would actually be dumb enough to use them. Since after the Iranian Hostage Crisis, the Iranian government hasn't attacked anyone. (I know it was started by students, but it's not like the Iranian government stepped in immediately)

I'm not saying I like or trust the Iranian government. I'm just not sure war is the answer here. How much more money can we spend on more wars...

I just really wonder how much more our economy and military can take. Plus as I mentioned earlier, I just don't like the idea of America as the Policeman of the world. Eventually the rest of the world, I fear will get tired of our meddling. Comments, what do you all think?
Joel Rosenberg also has some interesting things to say about this.

No comments: